Knitting

I have been knitting since a very young age, the skill passed onto me by my mother. I am still attracted to knitting because of the whole process of making a piece, the repetitiveness actions involved to get to the end result, is very meditative and relaxing. Its a little bit like ceramics in a way, practice. The only thing that knitting and crocheting provides is that immediate choice of colour. I am always in awe in a wool shop at the vast range of colours and textures of wool's and threads. Ceramic however is a slow art, a patient art, the outcome, for me nearly always a surprise, i do like this also. Chance and imagination is very important.

So its Easter Holidays (sort of). And I have been indulging in some knitting, especially as there is an excuse now with baby's on the way! 

Below is a baby cardigan, just finished. Knitted in a vintage waffle like stitch with glass buttons. 
I enjoyed doing this after making little socks and mittens!



Below is one of my first jumpers I made about 4 years ago now! 
It is made up of all remnants of wool, the combinations of colours is something i really like in this jumper.



And here is another baby garment in the pipe line, more vibrant!


Recently I have been thinking and i get the most enjoyment out of making things for people.